The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) understands that access to information is key for industry to understand and comply with regulatory requirements. The CFIA website is a great resource for guidance documents and plain language information. You can sign up for email notifications for regular updates.
Ask CFIA is a communication tool that offers accurate and timely written answers to help business owners understand what compliance looks like for current regulatory requirements.
Ask CFIA offers:
- Access to plain language information and guidance documents to help you understand CFIA regulations that apply to your business.
- One point of entry where you can ask questions online.
- Clear, consistent written answers to your questions, including a reference number to track your inquiry.
- An extensive FAQ section for Fresh Fruit and Vegetables covering topics such as:
- general information, i.e.:
- what is the purpose of the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Regulations
- what are the key elements of the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Regulations, such as grades and standards, health and safety, packaging and labelling, import and interprovincial trade, inspection, administration, registration, etc.
Browse Ask CFIA today!