Produce Inventory Control System (PICS) Software
PICS - Produce Inventory Control System software is all about buying, selling and effectively tracking, tracing, inventorying, and reporting on fresh (perishable) produce. The Produce Inventory Control System (PICS) is a robust and reliable software solution that has been specially created for companies in the fast paced produce industry to improve operations, traceability and profitability. Traceability is more than a "buzz word" today – it's a must!
The PICS Advantage:
- Allows for complete traceability
- Handles all types and sizes of inventory
- Affordable for every business
- Allows multiple units for buying and selling
- Effortlessly handles real world costing
- Efficient and easy to use
- Outstanding support
- Continuous enhancements
PICS Standard Features:
- Inbound loads, Purchase Orders including Confirmation of Sale forms and Quality Control Receiving Forms
- Flexible costing system (open ended - loads are not closed until all invoices have arrived)
- Integration with Accounts Payable - received PO's can be made into A/P Vouchers with 2 mouse clicks
- Allows storage of all information necessary for Canada Customs (for importing)
- Seamless electronic interface to Willson International for Confirmation of Sale
- Purchase Orders can be set up in advance and received when the product arrives
- Receiving can be done without having Purchase Orders in advance
- Growers pay calculates what to pay your supplier (grower) based on revenue less freight, packing, labour and rebates
- Unlimited Currencies
- Sales orders can be entered in advance, when the customer picks up, or immediately before shipping
- Outbound loads for grouping sales orders together and distributing freight costs
- Full detailed order forms, picking tickets, order labels and Bill of Lading forms
- Orders grouped into batches for easy correction and updating
- Salesman book number tracking (including missing order report)
- Reservation of stock can be made for customers and/or salespeople, without having to enter orders
- Flexible pricing capabilities including corporate and customer specific pricing, alternate units, price list generation, and broadcast faxing/emailing of price lists
- Unlimited Currencies
- Physical Inventory Taking (optionally with barcode readers)
- Barcode Sticker creation (warehouse and/or stock)
- Storage unit controlled inventory
- Automatic determination of 'Current' items (which handles seasonal inventory)
- User definable number of decimals on quantity, cost and selling prices
- System generated or user defined stock numbers supported
- Unlimited number of user defined warehouses
- Picking locations
- Full lot control or FIFO selectable by product
- Stock Adjustments with user definable adjustment types and reasons
- Stock Transfers (for moving products from one location to another)
- Accounts Payable – Fast voucher entry with multiple distribution capability, system generated and manual cheques supported, as well as bank draft wire transfers
- Accounts Receivable – automated send and receive of A/R info with Toronto Wholesale Produce Association (TWPA), Voucher and Receipt history, Bill To Accounts, custom designed A/R statements, and broadcast faxing/emailing of statements
- Banking - Bank Deposits and Bank Reconciliation screens and reports for ensuring all transactions entered match what goes through your bank account(s)
- General Ledger – Account history, balance summary screen, transactions with full history, supports multiple open periods, financial statements including Balance sheet, Trial balance, Income statement, G/L history, General Journal and others
- Payroll – Simply Accounting, Simply Payroll, EasyPay or Paymate (3rd party Canadian Payroll software packages) are available and can be interfaced with the PICS General Ledger
- Interfaces have also been developed to allow the use of 3rd party accounting software (QuickBooks and AccPac are supported, but other interfaces can be created)
- An unlimited number of User Profiles can be set up, with password protection
- All menu items, as well as numerous functions within screens can be controlled on a user by user basis
- Items which users do not have security for are removed from the screens
- Optional automatic logout after user defined period of inactivity
- Extensive auditing of user activity
- All data tables have information about the user, date, time and workstation that records were created and/or updated
PICS Optional Add-On Modules:
- Used when you are paid to facilitate the sale of product from one company to another, and do not take title to the product.
- Can automatically fill the vendor or purchaser from the Customer selected.
- Supports generic and/or Purchaser specific items.
- Reports weights in LB and/or KG.
- Simply, easy to use Brokerage Order entry screen which is consistent and fully integrated with other screens in PICS.
- Includes all of the features of Production (above)
- Track work orders from receipt of seed through planting and harvesting to final sale of finished product with full traceability throughout.
- Multi-post input capability so treatments (herbicide, fungicide, pesticide, insecticide) and labour (hoeing, ploughing, tilling, planting, weeding, picking...) can be entered against multiple workorders
- Production types - will allow "many to many" work orders (i.e. numerous items combined together to make 2 or more output items). It will of course also handle "many to one" and "one to one" work orders. The system will allow regular lot or static lot items to be used as inputs or outputs.
- Costing - Cost flows from the original purchase orders through the work orders, right down to the finished items, even if there are multiple work orders in between (i.e. head lettuce gets made into shredded lettuce, and then in another work order, the shredded lettuce is combined with other items to make salad). The cost of all output items are updated in real time as postings are made.
- Bill of Materials - The work orders will be set up initially either manually, or by selecting from a list of "bill of materials". Any work order can be "saved as" a Bill of Materials as well, in case that particular Production needs to be run again.
- Inventory - When work orders are saved, the quantity of the output items are shown in the inventory as "being produced". And the quantity of the input items are shown in the inventory as "to production" and their available for sale balances are be reduced.
- As postings are made to the work order to bring more raw materials (inputs) in, and/or to take away the finished goods (outputs) as they are made, the inventory is updated in real time.
- Labour - the system allows the set up of employees and their various rates of pay. The system will allow you to select which employees worked on a work order and how many hours/minutes they worked on it. When their time spent is factored by their pay rate(s), the cost of labour can be added to the cost of the output items as well.
- Overhead - allows various overhead amounts to be entered and to be included in the cost calculations
Click here for information on: Operating system, Networking, Disk storage, Printers, Barcoding and Wireless requirements, and helpful advice for IT Professionals and System Administrators responsible for supporting PICS.