Less Than Two Months Until Your Food Business May Need a Licence

cfia logoDid you know?

In two months, food businesses may need a licence to import, export or send food across provincial and territorial borders. They may also need a preventive control plan and traceability records. Find out what requirements will apply to your business when the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations come into force on January 15, 2019.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has interactive tools and timelines to help you. Sign up for My CFIA now so you can apply for the licence when it becomes available: inspection.gc.ca/MyCFIA. To learn more about the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations, visit inspection.gc.ca/SafeFood.