Produce Inventory Control System (PICS) software expertly handles the real world complexities of managing fresh produce for Wholesalers, Jobbers, Distributors, Brokers, Growers/Farmers, Shippers, Packers, Third Party (cold) Storage and any other companies in the business of distributing produce, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, herbs, spices, nuts, seeds, plants…
Here are the process improvements we made to PICS by WaudWare during August:
- PICS Standard Stock Case Labels (PTI Compliant) now include the pack date (AI = 13)
- We have added a pack date to the stock lot table. You now have the ability to enter the Pack Date when you receive product on Purchase Orders. Also, when you Repack or Post Production, the current date will be put into the new pack date field. This pack date can be printed on stock and/or hybrid labels.
- The minimum resolution for PICS has been changed to 1024 x 768. We have added code to the “Splash screen” which will let users know if their resolution is lower than this.
- We have added a new “Pack Date” field to the stock lot table. We have also added this field to the Purchase Order screen so you can enter it when you receive product. It also gets filled automatically by our work order module. It has been added to the information which can be printed when you print stock and pallet labels.
- We have changed the Purchase Order and Accounts Payable system such that when you Create AP (From PO, Inbound Load or Grower’s Pay) for a non-Home Currency Vendor, the Exchange rate in the AP Voucher will be “pushed” down to the PO and charges if it differs from what was in them originally. If/when this happens, the Costing Routines are run to update the cost of inventory using the new exchange rate.
- We have added code to prevent adding sales orders to a posted sales order batch. This will only affect users who have their order batch update method set to C (Both).
- We have added an Exchange Rate History button to the Exchange Rate screen, so you can now see the date, time and user that made changes to the exchange rates.
- Added a Stock “Link” to the Stock Lots screen.
- Added a Stock and a Lot “Link” to the Sales Order screen.
- We have added the date shipped from the load to the information which can be printed on the confirmation of sale form. Box 6a on the COS is “Date of Direct Shipment to Canada” and these new fields we added should be used for this. The field names are lodsyear, lodsmonth and lodsday.
Is traceability on your radar? We’re produce traceability experts. WaudWare combines reliable software solutions with responsive ongoing service and support to satisfy the needs of customers. Our produce industry specific software handles Canadian traceability issues, U.S. traceability issues – and always has! Talk to us!