Produce Industry Update, by F. Charles Waud… COVID-19 has brought tremendous levels of change and uncertainty to supply chains around the world. The Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) has released two new resources to help members navigate the transition to a post-COVID world, The Canadian Fresh Produce Industry Recovery report and COVID-19 Recovery Resources are now available. Use your CPMA member login to access this information.
Produce Inventory Control System (PICS) software is a complete solution for fresh produce businesses wanting to manage everything in one place, from buying and selling to growing, production, and management information – including produce tracking (traceability).
We’re proud of the continuous enhancements we make to PICS. Who else does that? Here are the updates we made to PICS during October:
- Adjusted the AP Voucher screen such that QuickBooks users can delete AP Vouchers as long as they haven’t been exported yet.
- Added a column for Lot Active to the list of children lots. This makes it easy to see which children are active when you are viewing a parent lot which has active children.
- Adjusted the Create AP system such that you can now create AP Voucher for a PO with a zero dollar total. This is used (for example) when you receive samples, but still want to finalize all the transactions like you would for items you were charged for. Note that the AP Voucher will be in a Paid Status. This was also done to make it consistent with the Sales Order system, where you can Create AR for zero total sales orders.
- Enhanced the attachments system such that you can now specify for each attachment type whether you allow, or do not allow multiple attachments, or would like to be warned when adding a second or subsequent attachment.
- Added an Attachments button to the customer screen.
- Changed the code in Grower’s Pay which determines the From Date when you add a new Grower’s Pay. The code was flawed, and often arrived at a date which was earlier than actually needed.
- Changed the code in Grower’s Pay which determines which vendors to show in the vendor selection window. This now (optionally) uses the new Buying/Allow Active Lots In Growers Pay and it’s partner Buying/Pay All Lots on PO in Growers Pay system controls. See the help on these 2 system controls for more information.
- Changed the code in Grower’s Pay which adds lines. This now (optionally) uses the new Buying/Allow Active Lots In Growers Pay and it’s partner Buying/Pay All Lots on PO in Growers Pay system controls. See the help on these 2 system controls for more information.
- Changed the logging of the Lot has active children program to write to the Audit Log (it was writing to the Error log).
If COVID-19 has taught us anything, it’s that businesses around the world must embrace technology to help weather the storm. We have an umbrella. It’s called PICS and we can help! Book your complimentary fresh produce business consultation with our president, F. Charles Waud and enjoy an informative demo that will introduce you to the world of innovative software solutions along with outstanding technical support!