Produce Industry Update by F. Charles Waud… The Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) has announced registration for Fresh Week is now open and free. Join thousands of fresh produce industry members as they come together (virtually) April 12-16 to celebrate this important sector. This year’s program will feature live keynote addresses, educational sessions, social and networking activities. While the event runs over four days, our program is designed to allow participants to pick and attend sessions that meet their specific needs at a time that works best for them. Learn more.
We’re always making improvements to our Produce Inventory Control System (PICS) software. Check out all the advantages of PICS software for your fresh produce business. Here are the software improvements we made to PICS during February.
- In the customer statement info list, we changed the Overdue from displaying an asterisk to the actual # of days.
- Added an Attachments button to the AR Voucher screen.
- Improved the load profit report to show lots which have not been sold yet.
- Added a new Selling/Allow Lot Chooser system control. If set to Y, when a sales order line is being entered, and the allocate inventory setting is Y, PICS will bring up a screen where you can choose the lot(s) you wish to allocate to the sales order line being saved.
- Redesigned the Bank Reconciliation report to have the Un-Reconciled GL Transactions, Payments and Deposits in their own groups, and make it clearer and easy to follow.
- Added the ability to specify the Buyer in the security screen. If this is filled, when a PO is added, this will be used. Note that if the buyer is specified in the vendor file, that will override the buyer from the users table.
- Added a new “Buying / Limit Account Sales by Buyer” system control. If this system control is set to Y, when you run an Account Sales or Load Profit report, only lots from Purchase Orders where the buyer is the current logged in user will appear.
- Added a total to the bank deposit list.
- Added a new costing charge calculation program which allows you to enter an amount (i.e. $0.25/lb) at the load level which will be multiplied by the weight of the item (net weight per TU) and the quantity ordered or received to come up with a total amount for the line based on it’s weight.
- Added a new system control which will allow you to make weight mandatory for regular and static stock items.
Schedule your complimentary business consultation and PICS demo with WaudWare president, F. Charles Waud today. Get a fresh perspective on your fresh produce business.