Insider News on PICS 3.0 – Did You Know?
- If a PICS Customer has had a new build any time in the last 3 years, PICS 3.0 is already installed on their system.
- Many customers are already using PICS 3.0 to print various reports every day and may not have realized it! For Sales Orders, Picking Slips, Account Sales and AP Cheques, PICS 2.5 calls PICS 3.0 to print.
Proudly made and supported in Canada, Produce Inventory Control System (PICS) software by WaudWare accurately maintains inventory records including entering receipts, shipments, adjustments and other transactions. Traceability information should be an automatic consequence of these entries, not a separate function. We’re always improving PICS! Here are the software updates we made to PICS in April:
- Added code to cross reference Grower’s Pay AP Vouchers to the Load which the items on the Grower’s Pay were purchased on.
- Enhanced the create outbound load feature such that the date portion of the sales order batch # will be used for the ship date of the outbound load when it is created. Further, if you are adding the sales order to an existing outbound load, you will be warned if the date portion of the sales order batch # doesn’t match the ship date of the outbound load.
- Added the display of the date due to the Create A/P from PO and the Create A/P from Load (both inbound and outbound) screens.
- Added the ability to Create AP from an Outbound Load. Further, once one or more AP Vouchers have been created from an Outbound Load, you can click on the Vch # link in the top right corner of the screen to bring up a list of them, and go to them.
- Enhanced the AP Voucher screen such that the type can now include “AUTO – OB LOAD”. We also enhanced the link button and field on the top right so it will now display a PO #, GP #, an Inbound Load # or an Outbound Load # and the caption for the button will now have one of the following captions depending on what is going on: ‘PO #’, ‘IBL #’, ‘OBL #’, ‘GP #’ or nothing if it’s a manual AP Voucher.
Best Software for the Fresh Produce Industry
PICS is the only software made and maintained in Canada for the Canadian produce industry. Improve productivity, reduce errors and end the duplication of effort once and for all. PICS is accurate, easy to use, and less expensive to buy and maintain. Watch a PICS demo and get in touch to schedule a complimentary fresh fruit and vegetable business consultation today. You’ll be glad you did!