Produce Software for Inventory, Traceability and more…
You need PICS – Produce Inventory Control System software by WaudWare. Maintaining accurate inventory records involves entering receipts, shipments, adjustments and other transactions. Traceability information should be an automatic outcome of these entries, not a separate function.
End the duplication of effort (one task for accounting and a duplicate task for traceability) when one software system does both. PICS is Canadian-made, accurate, easy to use, and less expensive to buy and maintain, and it’s updated regularly.
Here are the continuous improvements we made to PICS during February:
- Added a system control for Bank Reconciliation Sort Order. The choices are: 1 – Type (DP, GL, PY), then Cheque # ascending (note that Cheque # will be 0 for all DP and GL rows) and then by date. 2 – Date then Type (DP, GL, PY) and then transaction #
- Enhanced the “Original Lot” code (on the Stock Lot screen) to work more consistently. Previously if there was only one original lot, the screen would switch directly to it. Now the list comes up regardless of how many parents, grand-parents, great-grandparents, etc. the lot has.
- Enhanced the system such that you can specify the Internet Browser you wish to use for previewing reports and for PICS Help. We find Google Chrome to be the best. Two of the reasons for this change are: a) PICS Help cannot be accessed via HTTPS using the version of Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) which is installed on most PICS servers (2008), and b) PICS Help doesn’t work at all in IE on Windows 2003 servers (which some of our customers still use).
- Added a “Time Zone Adjustment” system control to the EmFx system. This can be used if PICS is running on a server which is in a time zone ahead of the server where EmFx is running. It allows for subtracting a number of minutes from the current time when loading the date/time to send info into EmFx.
- Changed the PICS Help system to access the website via HTTPS.
Would you like to see a demo of our award winning Produce Inventory Control System (PICS) software – the only software made for the Canadian produce industry and maintained here in Canada? Watch on your own or get in touch to schedule a complimentary fresh fruit and vegetable business consultation today.