Today we’re featuring Guest Blogger, Bill Horricks, P.Eng, MBA, Vice President & Founder of Horricks Management Group, Canadian representative of CIS – Continuous Improvement Software.
Do you have a full-integrated Quality Management System, an enterprise accounting/ERP system with a “quality” module, or do you make do with a series of spreadsheets and a generic document control app like SharePoint.
In our latest blog “Is Your Paper-Based Quality Management System Really Cost Effective?” we debunk the myth that paper-based systems are an inexpensive option to managing your Quality System. In fact they actually add to your workload and bring with them costly problems:
- Very hard and time consuming to update, or show traceability
- Missing documents (misfiled or lost) and records
- Follow-up meetings needed to check progress
- Documents and records out of sync – obsolete documents still in circulation
- Way too slow to perform risk analysis
- Action items tracked in various locations and often forgotten
On the other hand, battleship enterprise systems, sell themselves as including a “complete quality” module. Interpretation… you will end up having to create work-around systems that leave you no better off than if you had built your own paper-based system in the first place.
As a quality professional or senior manager you already know how critically important quality products and services are to your customers. That’s why implementing a fully-integrated software package like CIS is so important:
- It keeps you in compliance, operating well within your corporate culture on critical decisions and staying on the right side of all relevant governmental regulations and the law.
- It gets you to market more efficiently, with less risk and fewer unpredictable expenses.
- It increases efficiencies and effectiveness of:
- Mission-critical employees
- Mission-critical processes
- Capital resources
- Customer-facing services
- It allows you to focus on your job and make decisions based on facts.
And it costs less than your current paper-based system! Want proof?
All the best,
Bill Horricks, P.Eng, MBA
Vice President & Founder
Horricks Management Group
Canadian Representative for CIS – Continuous Improvement Software