Your WaudWare Support Team made these updates to our accounting, inventory, buying and selling, production, growing, brokerage, security and management information system software, known as Produce Inventory Control System (PICS). Specifically written for the perishable fruit and vegetable industry, PICS includes built-in traceability functions, critical for fresh produce businesses today. Here’s what we were working on in March. We have:
- Enhanced the “Original Lot” lookup on the stock lot screen. Previously, it didn’t take work order distributions into account. Now it does. When you use it to find the “parents” of the lot you are looking at, it displays a list of all the parents which were distributed to the lot you are viewing. You can select any of the parents from the list to go to the information for that parent.
- Improved the work orders look up in the bottom right corner of the stock lot screen. Previously, it didn’t take work order distributions into account. Now it does. When you use it to find the “children” of the lot you are looking at, it only displays the children which were distributed to by the lot you are viewing. You can select any of the children from the list and then click “goto lot” to see the information for that child.
- Done some work to allow the PICS stock label to print all the origins from all the parents of a lot. Previously, if you combined multiple origins together, PICS made the origin the default origin for your site. We built a new function that gets the origins from all the parents of an item which was created on a work order and combines them together for the stock label printing. We are in the process of expanding this so it can be used elsewhere, like the BOL and AR Voucher reports.
- Created the ability to import Accounts Payable Vouchers. This could save a lot of manual work if you can get high volumne vendors to send their invoice data electronically.
- Made significant improvements to the future price change system, including the ability to handle alternate units.
- Completed work on an EFT payment system for the PICS Accounts Payable module. If you would like to be able to transmit a file to your financial institution instead of printing and mailing cheques, please let us know.
Ready to see a PICS Demo? There are two ways to go about it. Watch it on your own, or schedule a personal web conference including a complimentary consultation. We’re here to help you get the most out of your accounting and inventory software. Put WaudWare to the test today.