Produce Industry Update, by F. Charles Waud… As businesses in the fresh produce industry pivot to deal with the effects of COVID-19, they can be assured of ongoing support from WaudWare and produce marketing associations, such as PMA in the U.S. and CPMA in Canada. The Canadian Produce Marketing Association website offers information and insights on topics such as Border and Trade, Food Safety, Labelling Requirements, Resources for Canadian Businesses, to name a few. The Produce Marketing Association is offering Guidance to the Industry on COVID-19 Related Measures and additional Coronavirus Resources for Grower/Shippers, Supply Chain Transportation and more… You are not alone in this pandemic. We may not all be in the same boat, but we are certainly in the same storm.
Latest Software Updates for Produce Industry Software
No matter where in the world you’re located, or what fresh produce you’re buying or selling, you can rely on PICS software to meet all Canadian and U.S. traceability requirements and regulations. Always has. Always will. We’re always making improvements to PICS and are proud that our software gets better and better each and every month. Here are the improvements we made to PICS during August.
- Added a Sales Order and Stock link to the AR Voucher screen
- Enhanced the way alternate units are handled in the PICS Stock Items screen. On the stock items screen, if the stock item doesn’t have alternate units, the button is now called “Add Alternate Units”. When you click the button, you will be asked if you want to add Alternate Units. If you click Yes, the new Alternate units screen (which can be found under file, setup, stock setup, Alternate Units) will open in Add Mode and the stock # will be filled in. From there, you need to choose an alternate unit and supply a conversion, as well as a GTIN if needed. Then save the new record and the stock item will now have an alternate unit. If the item has alternate units, the button will be “Alternate Units…” When you click it, you will get a list of the alternate units for the item. From here you can either press escape to close the list and stay on the stock items screen, or select the row you are interested in and press enter to open the alternate units screen on that particular alternate unit.
- Enhanced the way contacts are handled in the PICS customer and vendor screens. Both screens work the same way, so I will explain it using terminology from the customer screen. On the customer screen, if the customer doesn’t have contacts, the button will be called “Contacts”. When you click the button, you will be asked if you want to add a contact. If you click Yes, the contacts screen will open in Add Mode and the customer # will be filled in. From there, you need to enter a name and any other information needed for the contact. Then save the new contact record and the customer will now have a contact. If the customer does have contacts, the button will be “Contacts…” (i.e. it will have an ellipsis). When you click it, you will get a list of the contacts for the customer. From here you can either press escape to close the list and stay on the customer screen, or select the row you are interested in and press enter to open the contacts screen on that particular contact.
- Added 2 new Outbound Load costing charges which calculate by the pallet. One loads the results into the Sales Orders as a reduction of profit (_OBLOAD7) and the other loads the charges into the Purchase Order as an increase in cost (_OBLOAD8).
- Enhanced the Load Profit Report to allow the inclusion of the rebate and outbound load charges, as well as an indicator for whether the sales order has been paid (N – Not paid, P – Partially paid, Y – fully paid)
- Added a “Show inventory in this Warehouse” link to the warehouse screen. If you click on it, it will bring up the stock list showing only items in the warehouse being viewed. When you select a row from the list, it will show the stock lot screen for the lot on the row you selected.
- Changed the lot coloring code in the stock list such that if the number of days for new, medium and old are not filled in the variety record, the lot will now be white. Previously they were red.
- Added a Header Attachments button to the Production and Grower Work Order screens
- Added a PO # link to the Inbound Load screen
- Added a Load # link to the A/P – Load Cross Reference screen
- Added an Invoice # link to the A/P – Load Cross Reference screen
- Changed the buttons on the EmFx Prompt screen from Ok and Cancel to Yes and No
- Added a Notes button to the Bank Deposit screen
- Added a storage unit link to the stock lots screen. You can click it to see a list of all the storage units a lot is on. From the list you get, you can select a row and then if you press enter or double click, it will take you to the storage unit on that row.
Get growing (and counting and tracing) with PICS – the best Produce Inventory Control System software in Canada. Schedule your PICS demo your way. Take advantage of our monthly subscription today!