Produce Industry Update, by F. Charles Waud… PTI Announces Significant Improvements to Traceability Guidance. The Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) published the following on June 25. We are proud to be members of CPMA and the PTI Working Group.
Yesterday, the Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI), consisting of CPMA, GS1 US, PMA, and United Fresh, and its many volunteer industry members, announced the release of four new or improved tools to support traceability implementation:
• Canada/U.S. Harmonized Case Label
• Template for Sharing Traceback Data with regulators
• Revised Best Practices for Formatting Case Labels
• Updated ASN (Advance Ship Notice)
“As the Canadian industry strives for compliance with the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) and the U.S. industry prepares for the September release of draft Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA) traceability- related regulations, traceability is increasingly a focus across the supply chain and with consumers,” said PTI Chair, Doug Grant of The Oppenheimer Group. “These new and updated resources support a renewed commitment to traceability efforts and bring clarity and harmonization to the tools that support traceability.”
PICS Software for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Our Produce Inventory Control System (PICS) software is improved every month, thanks to our dedicated support team and commitment to continuous improvements.
Confirmation of Sale
We have made several enhancements to the Send COS (Confirmation of Sale) via EmFx program.
- The “COS EmFx” button will now have an ellipsis ( … ) beside it if that COS has been sent before.
- When you click the button, the screen you get now has a new History section in the bottom half. This shows a row for each time the COS was sent (or attempted to be sent).
- If the result of the send attempt was Error, then you can click on the “Result” button to see what went wrong. Note that these errors can be set up to be emailed by EmFx to system administrators (you and us) when they occur.
- The “Recipients” button can be clicked to view the full email address of all recipients that were sent to.
Here are some of the other updates we made to PICS during June:
- Enhanced the BOL report such that the lot number(s) for each line can be printed. The new code gathers all the lot numbers for each line, and then puts them together, so they can be printed in the same place as the stock #, descriptions, etc. If there are more than one lot for a line, they will be in the format “AA001, AA002, AA003 …”
- Enhanced the list of stock items which comes up in the sales order shipping screen, such that it now has sort capability on the first and second line of description as well as the stock #.
- Enhanced the message about zero price and zero quantity lines on Grower’s Pay. It now gives a more clear description of the options.
- Enhanced the Create AP Voucher from Grower’s Pay screen to skip Grower’s Pay lines where the price paid is zero.
- Added an optional customer # field to the sales order list report. This will allow you to run this report for just one customer if required.
- Enhanced the EmFx system such that when you click one of the buttons to send a document, the screen you get now has a new History section in the bottom half. This shows a row for each time the document was sent (or attempted to be sent).
- Added better handling of the situation where PICS is started with no configuration file (Sys(2019)). Previously the program to determine the MVCOUNT failed in this case. Now it will display an appropriate message, and set the MVCOUNT to zero.
- Added the button which displays the added/changed/status information to the security screen in PICS. This allows you to see who added or changed the record, as well when and what terminal they used. It also displays this information if/when the user’s status changes.
- Added an Attachments button to the Bank Reconciliation screen
- Added an Attachments button to the GL Transaction screen
- Enhanced the sales order minimum surcharge system such that the surcharges can now be fixed amounts or percentages.
- Added the ability to send AP Remittance reports via EmFx. In order to do this, you need to set up contact records for the people at your vendors whom you wish to send these too. We will also need to “upsize” your AP Remittance report.
Ready to explore PICS?
Browse the standard features of PICS including Buying, Selling, Inventory, Accounting, Security, Management Information, Attachments (Document Imaging), Code Runner (CR), as well as Optional PICS Add-On Modules, including Brokerage, Growing, and Production. Find the Server Option that works best for you and discover all the Other PICS Components.
When you’re ready for your complimentary business consultation and PICS demo, we are too! Your demo your way.